Home » Motor Vehicles

Attention Motor Vehicle Customers: 

Due to a vendor problem, the Georgia Department of Revenue will not be mailing December 2015 renewal notices. Instead, they will mail a letter to remind you to renew your registration. However, our office can print a renewal notice from our system on request. 

To receive a renewal notice by email or mail, contact us at or 770-528-8600. If you prefer to come in person, you can visit one of our offices between 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday or use our 24/7 kiosk located at 4700 Austell Road. Please provide your tag number, VIN, or driver's license number when emailing. 

Lastly, you can also request an RIN to renew online at the Department of Revenue's website--no renewal notice is needed!  To find out how much you owe, check out this calculator.

Our Motor Vehicle Division bills, collects, and distributes ad valorem property taxes for:

  • Motor vehicles
  • Trailers
  • Motor homes
  • Motorcycles/scooters
  • Tractor trailers under IRP

In addition, this division operates as a tag agent on behalf of the Georgia Department of Revenue.  As such, they enforce state and local laws regarding vehicle registration requirements, insurance, emissions, and mobile home ownership.  This includes collecting fees associated with those regulations.

Revenue is distributed to all taxing authorities on a weekly basis.  Taxes are collected not only for the county, Department of Revenue, and Board of Education, but for all six cities in Cobb County.


Renew your registration online!

You can also renew your registration by phone at 770-528-8600 or use our 24/7 kiosk located at our South Office location.

Service fees for credit and debit transactions over the phone or web are 2.35% (with a $1 minimum fee).


You can also...

Check vehicle insurance status,

Pay insurance fines and penalties,

Or visit the Georgia Department of Revenue for more online services.


Drivers License Information 

Contact the Georgia Department of Driver Services for drivers license information


Georgia Motor Vehicle Dealers

Are you a dealership representative or company with a fleet?  Contact our Dealer Department at and we will assist you in answering any of your questions or reviewing your paperwork.

If you are a Georgia Motor Vehicle Dealer, please read this guide to learn about operating your business in Georgia.