Home » Property Taxes » Mobile Homes

Paying Taxes and Renewing Decals

Every year you must pay taxes and obtain, and prominently display, a Cobb County decal (location permit) for your mobile home.

The Board of Tax Assessors assesses ad valorem taxes on January 1 each year. We mail mobile home tax bills on or about January 30 each year, and payments are due April 1. If you pay after the due date, we will assess a 10% penalty ($5.00 minimum) and additional interest each month on the unpaid balance. 

Failure to pay taxes or obtain and properly display a Cobb County decal will result in a citation issued to the owner of the home and/or to the owner or operator of the mobile home park. Violators must then appear in Magistrate Court and pay any court imposed fines. Please familiarize yourself with local mobile home ordinances!

You can renew your mobile home decal at our main property tax office:

736 Whitlock Avenue, Suite 100
Marietta, GA 30064

Mon. - Fri. 8:00am to 5:00pm 

Moving a Mobile Home

You must obtain a Move Permit before a mobile home can be moved into the county, to another location within Cobb County (lot to lot), out of the county or state, to be dismantled, to an impound lot or land fill.

When you move a mobile home into Cobb County, you must register the mobile home within 7 days of permanent placement of the home. If you are moving or relocating your mobile home into or within the county, you are required to have an inspection by a Professional Engineer or a Certified Home Inspector.

The inspection will take place before the home is moved and prior to occupancy. The cost of the inspection is the responsibility of the owner of the home. An authorization to receive a Power Permit will not be granted until the Inspection Report Form is finalized (OCGA 8-2-171).

Purchasing a Mobile Home

If you just purchased or transferred ownership of a mobile home, you must apply for a title to the home in your name within 30 days of purchase.

Titles are processed at our Motor Vehicle Division offices. You must provide a current paid tax receipt and proof of ownership before your title application will be processed.

If there is a lien on the mobile home, most lien holders will apply for the new title.