Cobb County Tax Commissioners Office

Mobile Homes

All mobile homes in Cobb County are required to have a current decal that is prominently displayed. Mobile homes in Cobb County are governed by both the Official Code of Georgia and the Official Code of Ordinances of Cobb County. Both of these sources of information provide detailed rules concerning mobile homes.

Billing & Payment
The Board of Tax Assessors assesses ad valorem taxes on January 1 each year. Once assessed, we mail mobile home tax bills on or about January 30 each year with a payment deadline of April 1.

Mobile home payments can be made online or at our Whitlock Property tax office:

West Park Government Center
736 Whitlock Ave, Ste 100
Marietta, GA 30064
M – F  8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 

Late Fees
Payments received after the April 1 deadline will have a 10% penalty ($5.00 minimum) assessed. Additional interest will also be added each month on the unpaid balance.


Failure to pay taxes or obtain and properly display a Cobb County decal will result in a citation issued to the owner of the home and/or to the owner or operator of the mobile home park. Violators must then appear in Magistrate Court and pay any court imposed fines. Please familiarize yourself with local mobile home ordinances

Purchasing a Mobile Home
If you just purchased or transferred ownership of a mobile home, you must apply for a title to the home in your name within 30 days of purchase.

Titles are processed at our Motor Vehicle Division offices. You must provide a current paid tax receipt and proof of ownership before your title application will be processed. If there is a lien on the mobile home, most lien holders will apply for the new title.

Moving a Mobile Home
To relocate a mobile home, you must first obtain a Move Permit before a mobile home can be moved into the county, to another location within Cobb County (lot to lot), out of the county or state, to be dismantled, to an impound lot or land fill.

When you move a mobile home into Cobb County, you must register the mobile home within 7 days of permanent placement of the home. If you are moving or relocating your mobile home into or within the county, you are required to have an inspection by a Professional Engineer or a Certified Home Inspector.

The inspection will take place before the home is moved and prior to occupancy. The cost of the inspection is the responsibility of the owner of the home. An authorization to receive a Power Permit will not be granted until the Inspection Report Form is finalized (O.C.G.A. § 8-2-171).


Mobile Home tax bills are mailed on or about January 30 each year. Payments are due by April 1 to avoid penalty and interest.