Home » Motor Vehicles » Renewal By Mail

When you mail your renewal, make sure you:

  • Include a passing emission inspection or valid emission waiver.  Visit our emissions requirements page for more information about emissions inspections.  Visit to apply for a waiver.
  • Verify your insurance is currently uploaded to the Georgia Electronic Insurance Compliance System (GEICS).  Visit our insurance requirements page for more information.
  • Make checks or money orders payable to the Cobb County Tax Commissioner.  Please write your driver's license number and your phone number on your check or money order.
  • Postmark your renewal before your due date!  Visit our renewal deadlines page if you do not know when your registration is due.

Residents registering a vehicle for the first time, changing a title due to new ownership or making a name change need to register in person.

We process mailed renewals within two business days of receiving them.

Bills Lost in Mail/Not Received

If your bill was lost in the mail, thrown in the trash by accident or simply never received, we will mail you another bill.  

Complete a renewal bill request then call us at 770-528-8600 or email us at to request another renewal bill.  Give us your name, tag number and daytime phone number when you do.


Incorrect Address

If your bill has the wrong address, please send us a completed change of address form and we will send you a new bill with the corrected address.  Keep in mind taxes may change if you changed tax districts.

Email to:           

Fax to:                        770-528-4027

Mail location:        Cobb County Motor Vehicle Division
                               P.O. Box 100128
                               Marietta, GA 30061


Residents with Military Plates

Unless you have a retired military plate, include a commanding officer's notarized letter of eligibility.  You need to submit one of these each year.

Active-Duty Non-Resident Military Members

If you pay Annual Ad Valorem Taxes, include this completed and notarized affidavit to apply for your annual tax exemption.  You need to submit one of these each year you qualify.